- 6 small Beetroot, raw, unpeeled
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil, 3 tbsp for the dressing
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 Red Onion, very finely sliced
- 50g Rocket
- 100g Feta Cheese, cubed
- 1 handful Mint Leaves, torn, to garnish
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar, (for dressing)
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard, (for dressing)
- 1 tsp Honey, clear (for dressing)
You can cook the beetroot and make the dressing up to 3 days in advance. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Place the beetroot in a roasting tin. Pour a little water around them, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper, then cover tightly with foil and roast for 1–11/4 hours, or until tender.
- Remove the beetroot from the oven and allow to cool. Peel and cut into large cubes.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Put the beetroot and onion in a bowl and toss them in the dressing, then scatter the rocket over them. Top with feta cubes, garnish with mint, and serve.